Græna Ljósið, in collaboration with Alliance Française and the French and Canadian Embassies in Iceland, presents Frönsk Kvikmyndahátíð (French Film Festival) 2012. This film festival devoted to French films takes place every year between the end of January and early February. The 2012 edition will be hosted at Háskólabíó in Reykjavík from January 27 to February 9, 2012. Starting this Friday and through the event, ten works will be screened that were selected among the most relevant and successful French productions of the last few years.
The films in program are the following:
- The Artist – Michel Hazanavicius
- La Guerre Est Déclarée – Valérie Donzelli
- Ensemble, C’Est Trop – Léa Fazer
- Le Père de mes Enfants – Mia Hansen-Løve
- Qu’un Seoul Tienne et Les Autres Suivront – Léa Fehner
- Le Refuge – François Ozon
- Hadewijch – Bruno Dumont
- Un Homme Qui Crie – Mahamat-Saleh Haroun
- Forces spéciales – Stéphane Rybojad
- L’Age des Ténèbres – Denys Arcand
The much celebrated The Artist by Michel Hazanavicius will open the event on Friday. Tickets will be available through midi.is.